It's summer! Open the windows and listen to some music. Here's what I've got on repeat...
Monday, June 17, 2013
On Friday evening, I drove east to Wilson for dinner with my friend Aaron. North Carolina artist Vollis Simpson recently passed, so we went down to his whirligig farm and workshop, to pay our respects. We ate turkey sandwiches and watched the whirligigs spin, still standing there in his pasture, going on without him.
Posted by Katie at 8:05 AM
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
The ten commandments of camping:
Reposted from Wilder Quarterly, because I love it. (Especially # 10).
- Thou shalt not arrive or depart a campground with great chaos
- Thou shalt not despoil any living thing about thee
- Thou shalt not be slovenly about thy tent site
- Thou shalt not make loud noises after 10 p.m.
- Thou shalt not let thy pets and children run wild
- Thou shalt not give advice unless it is sought after
- Thou shalt not hesitate to give aid if it’s needed
- Thou shalt not crowd thy neighbor unduly
- Thou shalt not borrow unless desperate
- Thou shalt not know more about camping than all others
Posted by Katie at 7:24 AM